Wow! I can’t believe how much my Em Gai (little sister in Vietnamese) loves this book. Em Gai is one of those toddlers who will start a book but will take off halfway through. But not this book. We borrowed this book from the library just yesterday and she has already requested I read it to her five times. Yes, FIVE times.
This fun book teaches kids their body parts but also is a fun peek a boo book. Em Gai and I interact with the book together. While I read the words she flips the flaps. Anh Hai (big brother in Vietnamese) also enjoys the book.
I give Where is Baby’s Belly Button? an A+. Great for teaching body parts and engaging for all ages.
Some extension activities:
- Point to the same body parts on baby as identified in the book.
- Have baby point out her body parts as you read the book.
- Using a small towel or blanket play peek a boo with baby’s body parts. Revealing the same parts in the same order as the book
- Name the same body parts and have baby point them out on your body.
- Close eyes, smack lips, wiggle toes, etc. for each body part identified in the book
Have you read Where is Baby’s Belly Button? What do you think?